Not Just Salad
So all you eat is salads?
That’s what people often ask me—and I can never tell if they’re being serious or poking fun at me.
After I’m asked something so dumb about my diet, I usually get stuck and have nothing to say in response. Part of me wants to jab an insult at them, though part of me is sad that I just met another person who’s missing out on a ton of good food.
Good food? Good vegan food? Did I just say that?
That’s right: I eat it all the time.
Here’s a short list of some of the things I eat the most commonly. This is not a list of the healthiest vegan foods or a list of the foods I wish I were eating the most (I wish I wasn’t so lazy with my diet).
- Rice (often with mushrooms, beans, and vegetables)
- Pasta (often with mushrooms, beans, and vegetables)
- Buckwheat (often with mushrooms, beans, and vegetables)
- Organic Soymilk
- Cereal (lots of cereals are accidentally vegan)
- Peanut butter, with whole-wheat bread
- Chia seeds (I sprinkle them on almost everything)
- Fruits (especially apples, bananas, and kiwis)
- Nuts (cashews are my favorite)
- Potato (mashed or fried)
A couple months ago I took one picture a day for 30 days of something I ate that day and posted it on Snapchat and Facebook. Here are those 30 pictures:
What about you? Comment below what kinds of delicious vegan foods you eat.